Sunday, March 29, 2009

Chicken Pie

Chicken again, and it is time consuming, but at the end of the post, I will tell you how I cheat on busy nights and I promise this is well worth it.

Chicken Pie

1 boiled and deboned chicken (save the broth)
1 can cream of chicken soup
2-4 boilded eggs (depending on how well you like eggs) chopped
1 cup flour
1 cup butter milk
1 stick butter melted

put chicken and eggs in baking dish
mix soup and 1/2 can broth then pour over chicken, mix
in a separate bowl, mix flour, buttermilk, and butter
pour on top, but do not stir
top with 2 cans of broth
cook on 350-400 for one hour.

This is much simpler than rolling out dough and cutting strips!

Now, for the secret, because I HATE deboning chicken, on nights that I dont want to go to this much trouble I use a rotisrerrie chicken from Walmart, I like lemon pepper that best!!!

This is great with green beans and tonight we are having cornbread with it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment