Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Ever had one of those cooking moments that you PRAYED REALLY HARD that your cake would come out of the pan just right? Well I did, and IT did!
I tweaked several recipes and just all out cheated on the actual cake part. We are saving it to taste for when Brian comes home.

1 box Duncan Hines pineapple supreme cake mix
1 stick melted butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
pineapple rings
cherries (mine were leftover from cherry limeade mix)
Mix cake mix according to package directions.
I melted butter, and using a pastry brush, brushed the sides of my bundt pan with it. Then I scooped brown sugar into pan and smoothed onto sides. Then I took pineapple rings and laid on the bottom of the pan with a half of a cherry in each. Pour batter into pan and bake according to package. I let it cool and kept my fingers crossed!! IT WORKED!! Can't you just smell it from where you are sitting???

No comments:

Post a Comment