Monday, May 25, 2009

Chicken Enchiladas

After surfing the internet this afternoon, I finally decided that we would have chicken enchiladas for dinner. My original recipe came from school several years ago, but I disliked some of the things in there, so I came up with my own.

Chicken Enchiladas
Chicken, cooked, cubed or canned (I use a rotisserie chicken)
8-12 tortillas
2 cups sour cream
salsa
1 packet unprepared ranch dressing
cheese (sometimes I use mozzarella, sometimes mexican blend)

Debone chicken into bowl, mix sour cream, half of the ranch packet, salsa to taste (I just pour), and 1/2 of the cheese
Mix well, spoon into tortillas and wrap
Place seam side down in baking dish
Mix rest of ranch packet and salsa together and pour over top of enchiladas
Top with cheese
Place in oven for about 25 minutes on 350.

You can also put onions or black olives in with the mixture before you place on tortillas. But Brian is the only one here that likes olives, so I leave them out!

I served tonight's with Spanish Rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment