Monday, July 19, 2010

Easy Breezy lemon Pound Cake

It's true, I have not baked hardly AT ALL this summer. With my surgery and everything, I just havent felt like it. So today, I made up for it. I have a roast in the crock pot and just experimented with a lemon pound cake. This one is NOT homeade (unless you count the fact that I MADE it at HOME!) but if you are in a pinch, it will do the job!

Easy Lemon Pound Cake

1 box pound cake mix
1 box lemon pie filling

Mix pound cake, lemon pie filling, two eggs, ONE cup of milk (I did this in place of the 2/3 cup of water that was suggested on the box) and 1/2 stick of butter. (I used a Betty Crocker mix, if you use a different one, I would just add a little more milk since you are adding more dry ingredients.)

Pour into pan, bake as suggested on box. Mine took about 40 minutes.

Glaze:
mix 1 cup of confectionary sugar with 1/4 cup of lemon juice until it is consitency you want. Remember, if you get it too thin, you can add more sugar. If it's too thick, I would NOT add more lemon juice, try just a tad of water or milk. Pour over warm cake.

The batter was delicious!!! I did manage to sneak a tiny piece as we were removing it from the pan and it is YUMMY!!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment